Bruthen Visitor Information
Visitor Information: Bruthen, Victoria
If you’re looking for a great place to visit in Victoria, then Bruthen is definitely worth checking out. Located in the East Gippsland region, Bruthen is a small town with a lot to offer visitors. Here’s a guide to everything you need to know about Bruthen.
Getting to Bruthen
Bruthen is located approximately 310km east of Melbourne, and is easily accessible via road. The most direct route is via the Princes Highway (A1), which will take you through the heart of the town.
Things to Do in Bruthen
- Bruthen Blues & Arts Festival – This annual festival is a must-visit for music lovers, with live blues performances taking over the town for a weekend every February.
- Bruthen Village Walk – Take a stroll through the town and explore its historic buildings, including the Bruthen Heritage Centre and the old butter factory.
- Alpine National Park – Bruthen is located right on the edge of the Alpine National Park, where you can experience stunning mountain scenery, hiking trails and outdoor activities.
- Rail Trail – The East Gippsland Rail Trail starts in Bairnsdale and passes right through Bruthen, providing cyclists and walkers with a fantastic way to explore the local area.
Where to Eat in Bruthen
Despite being a small town, Bruthen has a number of excellent cafes and restaurants, including:
- The Bullant Brewery – Enjoy a cold beer and casual meal at this popular brewery.
- Bruthen Bakery – Grab a delicious pastry or sausage roll from this local bakery.
- The Bruthen Inn Hotel – This historic pub serves up hearty pub meals and live music on weekends.
Where to Stay in Bruthen
If you’re planning on staying in Bruthen, there are a variety of options available:
- Bruthen Cottage – This charming cottage is located in the heart of town and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Mountain View Retreat – This self-contained apartment provides stunning views of the surrounding hills and can accommodate up to six guests.
- Bruthen Village Caravan Park – If you’re travelling with your own accommodation, then this caravan park is an excellent option. It’s located right on the banks of the Tambo River, and has a range of sites available for caravans and tents.
So there you have it – everything you need to know about Bruthen. Whether you’re into outdoor activities, music festivals or just exploring charming small towns, Bruthen has something to offer.